CHARM Therapeutics is a biotech company focused on delivering transformational medicines that will address difficult-to-drug targets in key oncogenic pathways.
CHARM has developed the first highly accurate, high throughput protein-ligand co-folding algorithm (DragonFold), driven by end-to-end 3D deep learning. Our platform enables the rapid generation of highly differentiated clinical candidates, and our ambition is to revolutionise drug discovery.
CHARM Therapeutics is establishing a state-of-the-art R&D facility in Cambridge, UK. We are currently seeking an experienced Biologist with a passion for scientific innovation to join the Cancer Biology group at CHARM Therapeutics. You will help increase the biological understanding of programs as well as developing the strategy required to help propel our programs forward. Your role will be comprised of:
– Identifying and building novel assays
– Working in a matrixed team
– Developing novel and state of the art multi-cell assay formats
– Novel target/technology identification
– Communicating with team members and leadership teams
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative discovery team to invent novel medicines and drive them towards the clinic.
You are a highly motivated and independent individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who is effective at working in a collaborative and diverse environment.
You have a PhD degree in one of the following fields – biotechnology, biochemistry, biology, pharmacology or a related field and have:
- A background in Oncology
- Minimum 2 years experience in biotech/pharma
- Proficient at a range of molecular biology techniques including but not limited to PCR, Western blotting, ELISAs, and FACS
- Experience with culturing primary cells and cancerous cells
- Experience in running routine assays for development of a therapeutic agent
- Experience in working with primary immune cells is a plus
- Know-how in design and evaluation of experimental design, and ability to work independently
- Able to work in a highly flexible environment
What We Offer
- Private medical insurance, including dental cover
- Competitive pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Weekly team lunch
- Office fruits & snacks
- Regular socials