Research Scientist, Biophysics and Protein Sciences
CHARM Therapeutics is a biotech company focused on delivering transformational medicines that will address difficult-to-drug targets in key oncogenic pathways. CHARM has developed the first highly accurate, high throughput protein-ligand co-folding algorithm (DragonFold), driven by end-to-end 3D deep learning. Our platform enables the rapid generation of highly differentiated clinical candidates, and our ambition is to revolutionise drug discovery.
CHARM Therapeutics has established a state-of-the-art R&D facility in Cambridge, UK. We are seeking a Research Scientist to join the Biophysics team within the Protein Sciences group. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative discovery team to invent novel medicines and drive them towards the clinic.
We are currently seeking a Research Scientist to join the Protein Sciences team within the Structural Sciences group at CHARM Therapeutics. The position is within a lab-based team working on biophysical characterisation of compounds and protein targets to fully enable and drive multiple SBDD / Med Chem campaigns.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- A strong honours degree in biochemistry / molecular biology, or a related discipline, is required.
- Good communication skills: the ability to work collaboratively with other teams to decide project priorities and communicate findings clearly.
- Knowledgeable in the application of protein biochemistry to aspects of drug discovery programs including structural biology and biophysical analyses.
- Excellent organisational / interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Practical experience of biophysical techniques such as SPR, ITC, DSF or mass spectrometry.
- Experience in the expression and purification of proteins from recombinant systems, use of FPLC systems and application of various chromatography approaches such as affinity chromatography.
Applicants would be preferred if they meet the following criteria:
- A postgraduate qualification up to, and including PhD level, in a related discipline.
- Experience of working on small molecule or fragment-based drug design projects.
- Experience of using electronic lab notebooks/LIMS systems
What We Offer
- Private medical insurance, including dental cover.
- Competitive pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Weekly team lunch
- Office fruits & snacks
- Regular socials
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at CHARM Therapeutics
At CHARM Therapeutics, we believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation and scientific breakthroughs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where individuals from all backgrounds are welcomed, respected, and can thrive. Our dedication to equity ensures that every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential and contribute to our mission of transforming medicine. We encourage applications from people of any gender, race, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin, as we aim to mirror the diverse patients we serve through our groundbreaking work.
We understand that diversity goes beyond fair hiring practices and is about creating a culture where differences are celebrated, unique perspectives are valued, and everyone feels empowered to contribute to our success. Join us in our journey to not only revolutionise drug discovery but also to build a workplace where diverse talents are nurtured, and innovation flourishes.