- Accountable for the delivery of high-quality chemical tools to enable target validation and generation of candidate-quality molecules for clinical assessment.
- Contribute to project-related MedChem strategies and execute on the overall strategy for Drug Discovery projects from Target ID to Candidate nomination.
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, with a personal commitment to extend and develop knowledge and expertise.
- Ensure timely decision-making and delivery of key objectives. Promote high levels of productivity and urgency, leading by personal example.
- Foster collaboration with academic and biotech communities, enabling the CHARM Chemistry team to operate at the highest levels of scientific excellence.
- Contribute to the critical evaluation and selection of new targets.
- Publish science in high quality journals.
- Give presentations on CHARMTx projects both at internal science meetings and externally at conferences.
- Maintain the highest levels of Health and Safety across the CHARM Medicinal Chemistry group.
Skills and Experience requirements
A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in drug discovery.
Deep understanding of the field of medicinal chemistry and drug design principles.
A track-record of supporting drug discovery projects; ideally including direct accountability for project leadership.
Experience of working across multiple target-types and gene families.
A broad understanding of the related scientific disciplines that are pertinent to drug discovery and early development (e.g., therapeutic area biology, chemical biology, ADME, formulation, structural biology, drug safety/toxicology, IP).
Experience of working with CRO partners.
Experience in validating targets and initiating drug discovery programs is a plus .
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Collaborative, with the ability to work well as part of a team.