CHARM Therapeutics is a new biotech company focused on delivering transformational medicines to patients through the application of 3-D deep learning on molecular configurations. Along with scalable cloud computing, modern drug discovery technologies and a culture that allows for creative risk-taking, we intend to develop drugs against historically difficult-to-drug targets involved in key oncogenic pathways. CHARM enjoys support from a committed group of institutional investors, and recently completed a $50 million Series A financing round to advance our current and future work. We are located in the UK with offices in London and Wet-labs in Cambridge.
CHARM Therapeutics is bringing finance functions in-house and have a newly created role; to support the Financial Controller in day-to-day running of accounts.
Your main responsibilities:
- Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable,
- General Ledger Maintenance,
- Bank reconciliation and payment processing,
- Expense claim review concerning group policy,
- VAT calculation,
- Payroll processing and posting,
- Ensuring group fixed assets are properly recorded and depreciated following group accounting policy,
- Coordination with HMRC,
- Sharing responsibility for financial systems.
- AAT Qualified accountant
- Knowledge of VAT rules
- Good working knowledge of Xero
- A systematic approach and a good eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to use initiative and question the detail
- Ability to make judgments on need for consultation and escalation
This position could be open to someone that has recently completed training, or for someone that potentially would like part-time work. For an informal discussion, please do reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.